Interesting to note that the biggest trend in dog names this past year was giving your dog a more humanlike name, which 49 percent of people did - probably because most of us absolutely consider our pets our babies.
Some other fun trends in dog names this year:
- The most popular pop-culture-inspired names were from "The Hunger Games," "Harry Potter" and "Star Wars" (in that order). "The Walking Dead," "Twilight" and "Game of Thrones" all saw a decrease this year. (I totally used to have a cat named Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen Mother of Dragons.)
- The top three food names were Ginger, Pepper and Peanut.
- 94 percent of dog parents say they absolutely consider their dogs to be members of the family. I mean ... duh?
- Marijuana-inspired names are up 2 percent this year.
- The name Chewbacca (or Chewie for short) is up 10 percent this year, proving that the force will always live on.
- By year's end, pet owners will have spent a combined $60.59 billion on their pets - meaning, of course, that we will always love our pets more than anything else in the world.
Check out the full report on Rover.com!