Stray Kitten Meets His New Dad … During A House Fire
A 6-week-old stray kitten was recently engulfed in the flames of a terrible house fire, but, fortunately, some good came out of the traumatic event. It brought the little guy together with his future father: a loving firefighter.
Before the fire, the kitten, who is now named Logi, lived in a garage in Stroud Township, Pennsylvania. Logi and the rest of his cat family were so quiet and hidden that even the homeowners didn't know about them.
The rest of Logi's family was able to escape the blaze, but he was trapped under a fallen shelf.
Luckily, that's when Matt Smalley of the Stroud Township Volunteer Fire Department arrived on the scene.
"We were going through the rubble in the garage when he heard these little faint cries," Smalley told The Morning Call. "We followed the sounds and found him lying under a plastic cabinet at the bottom of a pile of debris. He was alive, thankfully, but clearly not happy."
Smalley rushed Logi to Creature Comforts Veterinary Services, where he received oxygen and attention for his burnt skin.
His right ear had been scorched by the flame along with some patches of skin, but all in all, Logi was going to survive.
Now, Logi lives with Smalley and his dog, Bailey. They've been raising money to pay for his medical treatment, which included five days in an oxygen tent, and, so far, their Go Fund Me page has raised over $2,000, far past the original $800 goal.
Now, with the generous help of online donors, Logi's medical bills are paid for.
Although it cost Logi his ear and some fur, the fire marked a special day for this young stray, because it was the day a human finally stepped up to care for him.