Here's The Sweetest Thing You Can Do For Your Dog Today
The smell of cookies baking delights pups as much as their people. Get these peanut butter treats in the oven and drool along with your dog. An adjusted bake time and chocolate frosting makes them human friendly, too!
- 2 cuts whole wheat, millet or coconut flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana (or dollop of canned pumpkin)
- 1 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mash the banana, and mix into dry ingredients, along with peanut butter and water. If necessary, add more flour until the dough is firm.
4. Knead dough, and roll until ⅓ inch thick.
5. Whip out your cookie cutters and go to town.
6. Arrange your creations on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Make sure the treats cool completely before your resident canine critic gets a taste!
These bad boys are for special occasions only. They aren't designed to regularly supplement your dog's diet - but you can have as many as you'd like!
Recipe adapted from Dog Treat Kitchen