As flames shot out of the attic and down the hallway, the heroic pit bull alerted his family by running frantically back and forth. He barked and barked, refusing to stop until he knew they were safe.
"The fire was coming through the door and the dog saved our lives and if it wasn't for him, we'd all be dead right now," Yarbrough told news station WNEP.
Sadly, the family's home and all of their material possessions were destroyed in the blaze, but Yarbrough says she's full of gratitude nevertheless - especially for Lou.
"I'm grateful for God and the way that it did happen. I'm grateful God gave me Lou, our dog," she said.