How To Get The Most Out Of Life, According To Jane Goodall
Dr. Jane Goodall has earned the title of living legend for her groundbreaking research on chimpanzees, but she also has some great advice on how to be a better human.
Below are 12 inspirational and entertaining quotes, selected from the many sage words Goodall has shared about her very own species.
12. Strive to be compassionate.
11. Ask more questions.
"What makes us human, I think, is an ability to ask questions, a consequence of our sophisticated spoken language," Goodall said in an interview with Happy and Well.
10. Remember that you affect the world around you.
9. Admit when you've been wrong.
Goodall was asked: If chimps are so much like us, why are they endangered while humans dominate the globe?
Well, in some ways we're not successful at all. We're destroying our home. That's not a bit successful. Chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans have been living for hundreds of thousands of years in their forest, living fantastic lives, never overpopulating, never destroying the forest. I would say that they have been in a way more successful than us as far as being in harmony with the environment.
8. Learn from those who are different than you.
7. Speak up.
6. Talk with people who disagree with you.
"Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right," Goodall said.
5. Keep a sense of humor.
4. Remember you're part of something greater than us all.
3. Don't give up. Keep your goals in mind.
2. Keep your spirit strong.
1. Appreciate the world around you.
Watch Goodall's message to the world on how to make a difference.