When a family in England started hearing strange noises coming from their fireplace, they had no idea what was causing them. They couldn’t see anything, so they didn’t think any more of it — until they looked over to their fireplace and were shocked to see an owl trapped inside.
“The family had been hearing noises from the chimney and fireplace for a few days but had no idea there was a bird trapped inside until he fell all the way to the bottom,” Lauren Bailey, an inspector with the RSPCA, said in a press release.
The family felt terrible that they hadn’t known the poor owl was trapped in there, and quickly contacted the RSPCA to come and rescue him. He looked sick and the worried family wanted to get him help as quickly as possible.