Woman Finds Strange Little Animal Napping In Her Kitchen
He made QUITE the mess.
On December 15, Kim Fryer was roused from her bed by a shout. When she rushed downstairs, she discovered her daughter face-to-face with a furry little creature curled up on top of the microwave.
Though the animal was roughly the size and shape of one of the Fryers' five cats, his plush red coat and bushy tail gave him away.
“I came down and spotted this little fox curled up on top of the microwave!” Fryer said. “I have five cats and a dog so obviously I have a cat flap. He must have crawled under the gate and through the cat flap.”
The fox had made a bit of a mess searching for the warmest spot in the house, but the Fryer family was more concerned for the fox’s safety than the tipped-over houseplants.
“A couple of my plants were smashed and there was mud everywhere,” Fryer said. “[My daughter] put the light on and one eye opened but he didn’t move. We could tell there was something wrong with him.”
Fryer called the RSPCA, who took the lost fox to Putney Animal Hospital in London for a check-up and observation. Though the little animal, whom the staff dubbed Mr. Fox, had initially seemed weak and lethargic, he quickly turned a corner in the hospital.
“He was quite happy to be brought in to the hospital for a health check but was understandably not keen on being in a cage,” a hospital spokesperson said. “Fortunately he was quite healthy with a beautiful fluffy coat.”
After the staff was confident that there was nothing wrong, Mr. Fox was released back into the general area around the Fryer family’s home.
Hopefully, after his ordeal, he will think twice about following neighborhood cats home again.