12 Fabulously Glam Animals Who Would Make David Bowie Proud
If only David Bowie made animals instead of supreme psychedelic tunes, the entire planet would be filled with critters like these. Evolution, you've done a fine job with your random mutations and all, but feel free to kick up the funk.
1. The peacock spider is groovy and hails from Australia.
2. Take this Hyacinth macaw, with his jamming feathers and gorgeous eyes.
3. Hey, mandrill, don't you know your face is far-out?
4. Never ch-ch-change, chameleon. (Except if you need to communicate or regulate body temperature, then by all means go ahead.)
5. With bright red shells and speedy punches, mantis shrimp are apt to blow your mind.
6. These cool cats called moon jellies have four lunar-shaped gonads.
7. Appreciate the saddleback caterpillar's fab hairdo from afar - otherwise, his poisonous spines might get you down.
8. The red-footed booby always wears his dancing shoes.
9. Monarch butterflies, sadly, are under pressure from habitat loss and climate change. (But you can be a hero to butterflies by planting milkweed.)
10. The hairy bush viper just wants to boogie throughout Central Africa and eat the occasional bird.
11. The Mandarin dragonet's vibrant scales are simply outta sight.
12. The star-nosed mole's face is no mess - his 22 nose-tentacles help him catch food.