AirWick Simply the Best Sweepstakes Official Rules
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOW CLOSED
AirWick SIMPLY THE BEST SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING; CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: YOU HAVE NOT YET WON
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility Requirements. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or older, who meet their jurisdiction’s minimum age requirement. Officers, employees, agents, and immediate family and household members of Sponsor, Sweepstakes Partner, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone professionally associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. Winners may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins on March 22, 2023 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time and ends on April 5, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received prior to or following the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, visit voxmediaevents.com/airwicksimplythebestsweeps during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the entry form (information provided, along with any other materials you submit in connection with the Sweepstakes, are your “Entry”).
All Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned and the Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, or mechanically reproduced Entries or Entries that have been tampered with or not obtained through legitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified. Mechanically reproduced Entries or Entries generated or submitted with the use of a robotic, automated, macro, or script device, or other automated means or any other means intended to impact the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’ sole discretion are void. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, incomplete or stolen Entries or Entries or that are processed late or are lost or deleted due to computer or electronic malfunction, or other error.
4. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Entry Limit. Limit one (1) entry per person, email account. You may not use multiple means of entry (e.g., multiple email accounts) to circumvent the entry limit. Duplicate Entries or multiple Entries made by an Entrant in excess of the number allowed will be disqualified. Your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information to the Sweepstakes Administrator for the purposes of administering this Sweepstakes.
Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made through robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, or entries made through any third-party website, and to disqualify any individual using such a method.
Use of a mobile device to participate in this Sweepstakes is not required. If you use a mobile device to enter via the Website, message and data rates may apply, and Entrants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable charges. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
6. Prizes. Fifty-One (51) Prizes and their approximate retail values (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Winner will receive (i) one (1) ACH bank deposit in the amount of four thousand dollars ($4,000); and (ii) one (1) Airwick and The Dodo PetExpert Kit consisting of the following items each designated by Sponsor: one (1) Airwick PetFresh Plug-In; one (1) Airwick PetFresh Refill; and one (1) The Dodo Plush Toy (i, and ii, collectively, “Grand Prize”). ARV of Grand Prize: $4,022; and Fifty (50) First Prizes: Fifty (50) Winners will each receive one (1) Airwick and The Dodo PetExpert Kit consisting of the following items each designated by Sponsor: one (1) Airwick PetFresh Plug-In; one (1) Airwick PetFresh Refill; and one (1) The Dodo Plush Toy (each a “First Prize”). ARV of each First Prize: $22. The total combined ARV of the Grand Prize and First Prizes (each individually a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”) is: $5,122. Prizes delivered via post must be delivered to a valid U.S. address. The value of any Prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value of a Prize is more than the actual fair market value of a Prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. There is no cash alternative for any Prize, in whole or in part. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No cash compensation, refunds, or alternatives will be offered due to a winner’s inability to attend, claim, or use a Prize. If the advertised prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, a substitute prize of equal or greater value may be awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prizes stated in these Official Rules. Limit one (1) Prize per household.
7. Winner Selection. Sponsor will use a computer-generated randomizer to select fifty-one (51) winners from the Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period on or about on or about on or about April 6, 2023 (the “Drawing Date”). If there is a dispute regarding the identity of a winner, the registered account holder of the email account used to submit the winning Entry will be deemed the winner, subject to such owner’s compliance with the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to deliver Prize winning notification to the email address supplied by the winner at the time of Entry.
8. Winner Notification and Acceptance Requirements. Sponsor will contact winners by the email address provided at the time of Entry. Sponsor is not liable for a winner’s failure or inability to receive communications sent by Sponsor to the contact information provided. To receive a Prize, the winner must: (a) respond to Sponsor within three (3) business days of initial contact to confirm eligibility; and (b) sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, IRS Form W-9 (if requested), and liability and publicity release (together, “Winner Paperwork”) to Sponsor within three (3) business days of Sponsor’s delivery. A potential Prize Winner may be disqualified under any of the following circumstances; i) if he/she cannot be reached by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator within the specified time period; ii) If a Prize notification or email address is returned as undeliverable; iii) if a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible; iv) if a potential Prize Winner does not return the required Winner Paperwork within the required time period; v) if a potential Prize Winner is unwilling to accept the Prize as stated in these Official Rules; or vi) if a potential Prize Winner does not comply with these Official Rules. All Prize Winners may be required to supply Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator with his/her social security number. All Prize Winners who receive a prize valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more will be issued a FORM 1099-MISC for tax purposes as required by law. All Prize Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal and applicable state taxes on the Prizes. By accepting a prize, each Prize Winner agrees to grant Sponsor the right, except where prohibited by law, to use his/her/their name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), e-mail address, voice, biographical information, hometown, testimonial, video, and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, including social media purposes, in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, Sweepstakes Partner and their respective products or services in any media now known or hereinafter developed, worldwide, without compensation unless required by law in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize Winners shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of any use described herein, or Entry. Prizes will be delivered within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date Winner has been verified by Sponsor. Claims for non-receipt of a prize by any winner will be void after ninety (90) days from date of Winner verification.
POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND A POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR FRAUDULENT CALLS OR EMAILS MADE TO THE ENTRANTS NOT BY SPONSOR OR SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR OR FOR ANY CHANGE OF ENTRANT’S EMAIL ADDRESS OR MAILING ADDRESS.
9. General Terms. Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. This includes, for example, the use of computer ‘script,’ ‘macro,’ or ‘brute force,’ masking identities by manipulating IP addresses, or using any automated means to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may disqualify any individual or void any entry if the entrant uses a username or email address that belongs to or is already being used by another person, whether actual or fictitious, that may be interpreted as impersonating another person, or violating the rights of any person. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected, untimely, or invalid entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise. If the Sweepstakes cannot be run or be administered as planned, for reasons outside of Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) by posting a notice on the Sweepstakes entry page. Sponsor further reserves the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes doing so is necessary to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes or fairness to entrants. Sponsor will not be liable for a delay or failure to perform its obligations if caused by an act, omission, event, or circumstance beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. This Sweepstakes is governed by New York law. By entering, you irrevocably consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in New York, New York for any dispute arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes.
11. Risks; Warranties; Release of Claims. Your participation in the Sweepstakes is at your own risk. Releasees do not make, and hereby disclaim, all implied warranties of any kind relating to the Prize, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and noninfringement, or any representations regarding the function or operation of the Prize. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage directly or indirectly relating to (i) the provision, hosting, sponsorship, administration, suspension, or cancellation of the Sweepstakes, (ii) a person’s ability or inability to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes, including those arising from technical failures, third-party telecommunication outages, or other force majeure events, (iii) any determination of disqualification or other decision made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (iv) your ability to win, claim, or use a Prize, or to otherwise participate in any activity relating to the Sweepstakes, (v) the Prize itself, including use or misuse of a Prize, and/or (vi) electronic or human error, or events arising from the simple negligence of one or more Releasees. You further agree to expressly and forever waive all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) (or any similar law applicable to your jurisdiction) which reads: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY. You acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and the Sweepstakes Partner’s privacy policies and understand them. You acknowledge and agree that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights against the Releasees and that this release will be binding upon an entrant’s and winner’s heirs, executors, and administrators, and anyone claiming by or through an entrant or winner.
12. Winner List. The first name, last name, and state of residency for confirmed winners will be available upon written request to the Sponsor at the address below, for two (2) years following the Drawing Date.
13.Sponsor and Sweepstakes Partner.
Sponsor: Vox Media, LLC, 1201 Connecticut Avenue NW, 12th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20036.
Sweepstakes Partner:Reckitt Benckiser, LLC., 399 Interpace Parkway, Parsippany, NJ 07054.