The pit bull, who acquired the name Tater Tot, was found tied to a pole in Harlem, presumably abandoned by someone. But that’s not the worst part — two and a half inches of Tater Tot’s insides were hanging out because of a serious condition called rectal prolapse. In other words, he was in pretty bad shape.
He was taken to a local shelter on New Year’s Eve, and not long after that, Frank pulled him out and got him to the vet. They arrived just in time — Tater Tot had gone into septic shock, a condition that often leads to death.