THE DODO’S “#MYOKJASWEEPSTAKES” OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Okja Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you agree to the following terms and conditions in these Official Rules (the “Rules”):
1. PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 22, 2017 and ends at 9:00 pm ET on July 2, 2017 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Online entries received prior to or after the Sweepstakes Period are disqualified.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states in the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is void outside of the area stated herein and where prohibited by law. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or household members, whether or not related, of individuals employed by TheDodo.com, Inc. (“Dodo” and “Sponsor”), and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies, and Prize suppliers, are ineligible to participate. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Official Rules are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. TO ENTER. During the Promotion Period, to enter the Sweepstakes,
During the Sweepstakes Period, by commenting on the Facebook post relating to the OKJA campaign and Sweepstakes and including in a comment the hashtag #MyOkjaSweepstakes, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes drawing. Shares must be posted by the end of the Sweepstakes Period and include the hashtag to be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THAT PLATFORM IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion, any content that:
is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, their products or services, other people or companies;
contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person (living or dead), such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsors wish to associate; and/or
violates any law.
By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that the entry conforms to these Official Rules and understands that sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify the entry for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
4. USE OF ENTRY. By submitting an entry, entrant hereby grants to Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees a nonexclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works based upon, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, and together or not together with entrant’s Likeness (as defined below), in any manner or media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising, promotional and other purposes, without further compensation, notification or permission. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Sponsors have no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER. One (1) potential winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries for the Sweepstakes (the “Potential Winner”). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential Winners will be notified via email or direct message on. If a Potential Winner does not respond and comply with the instructions within three (3) days after Sponsor sends the message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received for the drawing at issue. Potential Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a prize or prize notification is returned as undelivered, a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for the drawing at issue. If after three (3) attempts to award any prize, the prize still remains unawarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award that prize. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. PRIZE. Official Winner will receive: A stuffed Okja toy with an Actual Retail Value of $20.
Prize(s) is/are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Official Winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description, including but not limited to transportation associated with redeeming the Prize. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of Prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute Prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Sponsor is solely responsible for providing elements of Prize to Official Winner. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize will be fulfilled by September 1, 2017.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Official Winner’s consent to Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information for advertising, promotional and other purposes, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or fairness of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize at random from among the non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries or emails or postage-due, damaged or illegible mail or for lost or stolen entry boxes; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitations, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing entries, the announcement of the Prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant and Official Winner agrees to release and hold harmless TheDodo.com, Inc. their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES. The Sweepstakes and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event will entrants be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
568 Broadway, Suite 506
New York, NY 10012
TheDodo.com, Inc. is the sole sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
13. WINNERS LIST AND COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES. For the name of the Official Winner (available after July 7, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: TheDodo.com, Inc., (“Sweepstakes”) 568 Broadway, Suite 506, New York, NY 10012 and indicate Winners List or Official Rules by December 1, 2017.
/END OF OFFICIAL RULES/
©2017 TheDodo.com, Inc. TheDodo is a registered trademark of Group Nine Media, Inc. All rights reserved.