And this happy ending very nearly didn't happen at all.
Apparently, a concerned resident had taken Bridgette in for a few days before The Forgotten Dog Foundation heard about her. Not only did Bridgette end up homeless again after the landlord of the building found out about the dog in the apartment, Bridgette had also been given the wrong kind of flea bath and so when rescuers found her, she stank of chemicals from a soap meant to treat lice in human hair.
"Our vet office immediately bathed her multiple times and treated her for fleas with a product that is safe for pregnant moms," Glass said. "Fortunately no harm was done to the puppies from this, nor did it harm Bridgette."