While Alice was living on the streets of California, she accidentally ingested acid and ended up with terrible chemical burns to her face and mouth. As soon as they heard about her plight, rescuers with Hope for Paws rushed out to help her, hoping it wasn’t too late for the poor little dog.
When Eldad Hagar and Loreta Frankonyte arrived at where Alice had been spotted, they were shocked at the condition she was in. Someone had put out some food for her, but she was so injured, she could barely eat at all. Besides her injuries, Alice’s fur was dirty, matted and covered in ticks, and she was incredibly skinny.