The other day, Leo was playing with the plush plaything, as usual, when tragedy struck. Somehow, the enthusiastic pup managed to accidentally rip a hole into his little fabric friend, exposing its soft, white innards — a life-threatening injury for any stuffed toy.
Fortunately, Alaxanian's dad was soon on hand after the graphic scene unfolded. Clearly, the dog was devastated.
"[My dad] took the toy away from him and put it away so he couldn't reach it, but he was crying and trying to reach for it," Alaxanian said. "That's when my dad decided to get his sewing kit out and started sewing it back together."
During the emergency "surgery" to save his favorite toy's life, worry-stricken Leo never left its side: