Besides being malnourished, both puppies, who are now named Crockett and Bowie, tested positive for ringworm and other parasites. When they first arrived at the clinic, staffers observed Bowie doing his best to protect and care for his brother. Bowie would cover Crockett with his body to keep him warm, as well as sharing everything he had.
“When Crockett wouldn't eat, Bowie was taking pieces of his kibble and laying them by his face,” Brasher said. “I've never seen a puppy do that!”
“Their bond is so heartwarming,” Brasher added.
Another checkup revealed that Crockett was suffering from canine parvovirus, a highly contagious and sometimes deadly disease, which meant the puppy brothers had to be temporarily separated.