Cat Finds Out Why You Shouldn't Sleep On The Garage Door
Don't worry. She's fine.
Going forward, we hope Bella the cat will be a bit more mindful of where she naps.
Late last month, Deputy Mike Scott of the Ascension Parish Sheriff's Office was called out to help the grey and white kitty who'd been found in the throes of a rather unusual predicament at home in Louisiana. (And it turns out, her poor choice of sleeping spots is likely to be blame.)
"A cat had been stuck between a garage door of a residence and the wall," said Deputy Scott in a post on Facebook. "Never in all of my years was I prepared to encounter what I saw upon my arrival."
Bella looked pretty uncomfortable
No one was home at the time, but it's believed that Bella had been sleeping up on the garage door when it was open and horizontal. It was when her owner departed, closing the door, that Bella's troubles began.
Fortunately, her problem didn't go unnoticed.
Neighbors had spotted the cat, called for help, and were on hand to assist Deputy Scott in her rescue. They were able to remove the moulding around the doorframe to gently pull Bella to safety. Her owner, unaware of what had happened, arrived home a short time after.
Incredibly, after a close examination, Bella was found to be uninjured - albeit, perhaps a little embarrassed.
In the end, Bella's alarming predicament had a happier conclusion than anyone could have imagined because of those rescuers who took the time to help.
"I am not much of a cat person, but no one wants to see an animal suffer," said Scott, adding: "Thank God for miracles and good neighbors."