No one was home at the time, but it's believed that Bella had been sleeping up on the garage door when it was open and horizontal. It was when her owner departed, closing the door, that Bella's troubles began.
Fortunately, her problem didn't go unnoticed.
Neighbors had spotted the cat, called for help, and were on hand to assist Deputy Scott in her rescue. They were able to remove the moulding around the doorframe to gently pull Bella to safety. Her owner, unaware of what had happened, arrived home a short time after.
Incredibly, after a close examination, Bella was found to be uninjured - albeit, perhaps a little embarrassed.