According to the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA), which released the report on Thursday, the complex is owned by a Chinese company called Kings Romans Group, which owns an 80 percent stake in its operation. The government of Laos owns the other 20 percent, and has made the area a duty-free haven for illicit activities.
The organization demanded that Laos, a country known for its lax wildlife trafficking laws, investigate the area - which seems unlikely, considering the facility is reportedly backed by the government. It also noted that the zone "appears more like an extension of China," employing Chinese workers and even running on Chinese time.
Meanwhile, the animals remain for sale. Here are all the animals that Laos' "Sin City" is driving the demand for, and helping push to extinction: