A group of Oregon City kids were playing outside at the bottom of an embankment when they accidentally disturbed an angry beehive. As the bees swarmed, the kids fled -but 8-year-old Jesse-Cole Shraver was unable to make it back up the hill.
That's when Jesse-Cole's valiant pit bull rescue Hades intervened. The dog grabbed Jesse-Cole's pant leg and pulled him to safety.
"Hades saw me and came and dragged me up to the grass and stopped and let me crawl on her back and took me to my mom," Jesse-Cole told Fox 12.
Jesse-Cole was stung roughly 24 times. His sister, Jasmine, 14, is allergic to bees and was stung five times. Luckily, Jasmine was able to run and grab her EpiPen while a neighbor dialed 911. Both kids were released from Willamette Falls Hospital after a few hours.
Jesse-Cole and Jasmine's mother is overwhelmed with gratitude for Hades' quick response time. "Oh, I thank my puppy," she told Fox 12. "I'm so glad we adopted her... A couple of these kids could have gotten really sick or died, I'm sure of it."
(Photo credit: KPTV)