1. When you're about to leave the house and those eyes make you feel like they'll be inconsolable until your return.
2. When every drawer, car and purse contains a lint roller. Or you've just stopped wearing black. (Or white, if your dog is black.)
3. When you realize you are very, very close to running out of dog food.
4. When he decides he needs to poop more than once on your walk, and you only brought one bag.
5. When she cries to go out and a minute later wants to come back in.
6. When it's spring and you have a new dog hair area rug in every room of the house.
7. When you really, really need to get some work done, and your dog really, really needs to play with you.
8. When you stop letting her lick your hand, so she starts licking the furniture instead and makes big smelly wet spots appear all over everything.
9. When you can't leave anything on the floor or within reasonable reach, because everything there is FAIR GAME.
10. When you have to convince him that the world will not end and he will not die every time you pull out the vacuum.
11. When it's cold outside and all he wants to do is sniff around for hours.
12. When you have company over and she won't stop rubbing her butt back and forth on every surface.
13. When you actually really did like that shirt/shoe/pillow/antique/wedding cake.
14. When you accidentally leave food too close to the edge of the table or on a table that's really low.
15. When she starts doing something painfully adorable and your phone is two seconds too far away to catch it.
16. When there's something outside your window that isn't normally there, and the doggie alarm is on high volume.
17. When you're on vacation and you can't stop wondering if your dog is doing ok wherever she's staying.
18. When she wants to kiss you on the mouth, but her breath is the worst thing ever.
19. When, despite everything, you love your dog so so much that the only thing he can't do perfectly is live forever.